Latest updates: the Commons has been recalled for vote on new lockdown laws, amid record hospitalisation figures and Covid infection rates
- Thousands of children sent to unregulated care homes amid Covid
- Strict Covid restrictions could last months, Boris Johnson signals
- UK vaccine minister vows ‘massive uplift’ in number of jabs this week
- Leak of November lockdown plan linked to ‘surge in new infections’
- Global coronavirus updates – live
Johnson is summarising the new lockdown rules.
He says people will know how keen he was to keep children in school.
Johnson says by 15 February the NHS is committed to offering a vaccination to everyone in the top four priority groups. (See 9.28am.)
He says there are already almost 1,000 vaccination centres across the country.
Read the original article at The Guardian