- Starmer: tweaking Covid app ‘like taking batteries out of smoke alarm’
- First year of pandemic claimed lives of 25 young people in England
- Lifting Covid rules in England ‘will overwhelm testing capacity’
- Coronavirus – latest global updates
- See all our coronavirus coverage
The coronavirus reproduction number, or R value, in England has increased slightly and is between 1.2 to 1.5, according to the latest Government figures.
Last week, it was between 1.1 and 1.3.
Downing Street has urged people to continue using the NHS Covid app and to isolate when advised to do so.
Boris Johnson’s official spokesman said the app had been an “important tool” in breaking the chain of transmission of coronavirus.
The prime minister has been clear that he continues to use it.
A large number of the population continues to use the app and it has been an important tool in getting people to isolate and break the chain of transmission.
Read the original article at The Guardian