- Double-vaccinated contacts no longer need to self-isolate from 16 August
- Covid cases could soon rise above 100,000 a day, Javid concedes
- Second man charged after Chris Whitty accosted in park
- Outbreak forces England’s one-day cricket squad into isolation
- Coronavirus global updates – live
Munira Wilson (Lib Dem) asks Javid to confirm that it is policy to have a third wave of Covid cases now, not in the winter. How many deaths and long Covid cases will this cause?
Javid says no one wants another wave of Covid cases. But the link between cases and hospitalisations has been weakened, he says.
Henry Smith (Con) asks what will be done to advise immuno-compromised people. He says the vaccines have little impact on them.
Javid says new guidance will be issued for these patients, through GPs.
Read the original article at The Guardian