Victorian premier Daniel Andrews reports 29 new cases while Queensland records 13
- NSW has worst day of Covid pandemic with 319 new cases, five deaths and lockdown of Armidale
- Follow the Australian coronavirus live blog
- NSW; Vic; and Qld hotspots
- NSW; Vic; and Qld restrictions; borders
- Vaccine rollout tracker; get our free news app; get our morning email briefing
It is a tale of two lockdowns: Victorians, in the second day of their sixth lockdown, were slugged with news there were 29 new cases. Queenslanders, in the second last day of their lockdown, heard positive news about their outbreak, but will have to wait until Sunday to know if it will end as planned.
In both states, the messaging from politicians and health officials was nothing if not numbingly familiar.
Read the original article at The Guardian