Victoria reports 1,965 new cases and five deaths as NSW records 580 cases and 11 deaths – and reaches 90% first-dose milestone
- Follow the Australia Covid liveblog
- NSW Covid vaccination verification app update still weeks away despite Monday reopening
- NSW and Vic restrictions; Vic hotspots
- Vaccine rollout and rates tracker; Cases and data tracker
- Get our free news app; get our morning email briefing
Victoria has set another record for daily Covid-19 case numbers, reporting 1,965 new locally acquired cases and five deaths, as the state removed its requirement for secondary close contacts to isolate.
A woman and four men were among the deaths. There are now 578 people in hospital with the virus, 117 people in intensive care and 83 on ventilators.
Read the original article at The Guardian