The sense of relief is shared across the faiths, with Friday prayers at mosques among the first services restarting face-to-face
- I’m double vaccinated and live in NSW. What are my new freedoms?
- How do I get a digital certificate to prove my vaccination status?
- Victoria restrictions; Vic hotspots
- Vaccine rollout and rates tracker; Cases and data tracker
- Get our free news app; get our morning email briefing
For the first time in nearly four months, the doors to Lakemba mosque will be open for congregational prayers on Friday.
During that time, Lakemba has seen a major spike in Covid case numbers and deaths, endured tough restrictions and missed out on celebrating one of the two yearly Islamic holidays, Eid al-Adha.
Read the original article at The Guardian